If your email account is compromised, your online identity becomes incredibly vulnerable to misuse. Since Fast doesn’t have usernames or passwords, your email account credentials will never be compromised by using our services. If your email address does get compromised, bad actors may attempt to use your Fast account. While we’re always on the lookout for anomalous activity on the platform, please reach out to us if you believe an action was taken without your consent. We take these things seriously and will work with you to make things right.
Articles in this section
- What information do you collect?
- Where is the consumer data stored?
- Do you store my data? How do you handle data? Who owns the data?
- Does Fast share email addresses with the merchant?
- Will merchants be able to approve/reject transactions based on risks?
- What kind of security do you use to protect my information?
- Is Fast PCI compliant?
- What happens if my email account is hacked?
- How do I delete my information?